Claymation fan art for The Neverhood! Not my usual thing, but hey! It’s… clay…
okay. I found this website that has a collection of people who made their prom outfits out of duct tape, yes, DUCT TAPE.
can we all just take a moment
to appreciate all of the hard work
that must have gone into these outfits
like damn, that is a lot of duct tape and dedication
good job guys
There is actually a competition run by duck tape for the best duck tape prom dress and suit. I believe the winner gets like a ton of scholarship money!
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
That’s one classy ‘stache
I love this
lil fairy queen’s wings got tired so she took the subway
hope this child knew yall took they pic tho
hope they parents let it be posted tho
Fear not blackqueerbravado. The child in this picture is my niece. She knew I was taking her picture and her mother, my sister, let me post it. The person you reblogged it from or the person they reblogged it from removed the caption I originally put on it, which was:
The Queen as a Fairy Princess, Halloween NYC 2013
photographed by ©Channon Simmons
and if you automatically did either one of the two, or both, don’t even fucking hesitate
Why do you keep saying that?!
Heteronormativity in action.